Skip to content
- February Climate Change Book Club - Our next Book Club will be Thursday, February 1 at 7:00 pm and will examine the element of fire through "The Heat Will Kill You First" by Jeff Goodell. You can find numerous book reviews online and read a review by Michael Benson, GEO Board of Directors member and retired Fire Chief, below.
- 2023 Ohio Energy Conference - Just like the weather, Ohio's energy landscape is always changing. That means Ohio clean energy supporters have more to learn, more to share, and more to do, and the Ohio Energy Conference is the best place to start.
- Buses, Trucks, Trains and Tugboats: How Ohio spent $75 million from the VW Clean Air Act Settlement - Join us on Thursday, November 2 from 12:00-1:00 pm for this virtual conversation on air quality improvement in Ohio.
- October Climate Change Book Club - The GEO Climate Change Book Club will meet virtually on Thursday, October 5 at 7:00 pm. The Ministry for the Future uses fictional eyewitness accounts to tell the story of how climate change will affect us all. Its setting is not a desolate, postapocalyptic world, but a future that is almost upon us.
- Community Solar - Join Solar United Neighbors, the Coalition for Community Solar Access and Green Energy Ohio for a webinar on House Bill 197 on September 12 at 5:30 pm. This free public webinar will provide information on HB 197 and the significant benefits community solar will bring to Ohio.
- July Climate Change Book Club - Continuing our discussion on taking action, we are turning to the issue of how to create an energy system that works for everyone, including marginalized communities and those most in danger from the effects of climate change. This Book Club will take place on Wednesday, July 26 at 7:00 pm. Co-hosted by Ohio Chapters of the Citizens' Climate Lobby.
- Let’s Talk Farming and Solar Panels - A virtual conversation about economically and environmentally viable alternatives to farming land that is also generating clean energy. Join us on Thursday, June 22 from 12:00-1:00 pm to learn more about Agrivoltaics and how the movement is growing across the country.
- Virtual Town Hall on Community Solar - Join GEO and Solar United Neighbors
Wednesday, May 17 at 6:30 pm
for a Virtual Town Hall on Community Solar in Ohio. We need your help to organize for success!
- Annual Green Achievement Awards - Green Energy Ohio will host its Annual Awards Ceremony & Reception on Thursday, June 1, 2023 from 6:00-8:30 PM at The Hub at the Arcade, 31 South Main St, Dayton, Ohio.
- Virtual Earth Day 5K - We know you're ready to get outdoors and enjoy fresh air and exercise. Starting Friday, April 21 and going through Sunday, April 23, run, walk, or bike 3.1 miles to complete your 5K. You can do it all at once or spread it out over the weekend. Here's a great way to celebrate Earth Day and support Green Energy Ohio at the same time!
- May Climate Change Book Club - Our next Book Club discussion will provide answers. "Advocating for the Environment" is both a call to action and a blueprint for success. The GEO Book Club is being led by Bob McCollister and Brianna Sauerland. They have created a interactive space for participants, including the chance to vote on the next book at the end of each meeting!