Skip to content
- Virtual Town Hall on Community Solar - Join GEO and Solar United Neighbors
Wednesday, May 17 at 6:30 pm
for a Virtual Town Hall on Community Solar in Ohio. We need your help to organize for success!
- Annual Green Achievement Awards - Green Energy Ohio will host its Annual Awards Ceremony & Reception on Thursday, June 1, 2023 from 6:00-8:30 PM at The Hub at the Arcade, 31 South Main St, Dayton, Ohio.
- Virtual Earth Day 5K - We know you're ready to get outdoors and enjoy fresh air and exercise. Starting Friday, April 21 and going through Sunday, April 23, run, walk, or bike 3.1 miles to complete your 5K. You can do it all at once or spread it out over the weekend. Here's a great way to celebrate Earth Day and support Green Energy Ohio at the same time!
- May Climate Change Book Club - Our next Book Club discussion will provide answers. "Advocating for the Environment" is both a call to action and a blueprint for success. The GEO Book Club is being led by Bob McCollister and Brianna Sauerland. They have created a interactive space for participants, including the chance to vote on the next book at the end of each meeting!
- March Climate Change Book Club - During our March 2, 7 pm gathering we will take a look at the ways in which entrenched interests have worked to undermine progress through coordinated disinformation campaigns. Our book will be "The Petroleum Papers" by Canadian journalist Geoff Dembicki, and this time we are adding a podcast to the conversation.
- Webinar: Clearing the Air - Join GEO at Februrary 21 at 12 noon Eastern as we co-host a webinar focused on air quality monitoring in Ohio. Representatives of the Cleveland Department of Public Health, Groundwork Ohio River Valley, the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission, and Canton City Public Health will share their work.
- Climate Change and Public Health - In the sixth of our Climate Impacts Conversation series, Green Energy Ohio will examine the toll that a changing climate takes on our health and will attempt to answer some of those questions. Join us on December 13 from 12:00-1:00 pm for the next conversation in the Green Energy Ohio Climate Change Series.
- 2022 Ohio Energy Conference - As a Founding Member of the Energy Coalition of Ohio, GEO is a proud participant in this year’s event. hose who attended virtually last year will see that we have expanded the number of topics, brought together an even larger number of excellent speakers, provided an opportunity for exhibits, and – here’s the the best part! – we are in person this year.
- November Climate Change Book Club - After reading fiction and poetry, exploring positive messages and the contributions of Indigenous peoples, we are going to dive into solutions-based books. And not just any solutions-based books, but two books written by people who know how to get things done - Bill Gates and Saul Griffith.
- Climate Change and Lake Erie - As important as the Great Lakes are to our environment and economy, they cannot escape the impacts of climate change. For the fifth in our series of climate impacts, we will talk with three individuals who apply their extensive knowledge of the Lake Erie ecosystem to addressing all three of those needs. Join us on Thursday, September 15 from 12:00-1:00 pm for the next conversation in the Green Energy Ohio Climate Change Series.
- Celebrating the Contributions of Indigenous Peoples - This year, GEO is commemorating International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples by hosting a special Climate Change Book Club. This virtual event will take place on Tuesday, August 23 at 7:00 pm and will feature two books that present lessons from Indigenous populations on how to address climate change and build resilience. Join us!
- 2022 Green Achievement Awards - On Thursday, June 9, friends and supporters of Green Energy Ohio will gather for 2022 Annual Awards Ceremony and Reception. The event will be hosted by the Oberlin College Environmental Studies Program and will take place in the Adam Joseph Lewis Center for Environmental Studies from 6:00-8:30 pm.