Skip to content
- March Climate Change Book Club - In March, we will take a look at the ways in which entrenched interests have worked to undermine progress through coordinated disinformation campaigns. Our book will be "The Petroleum Papers" by Canadian journalist Geoff Dembicki, and this time we are adding a podcast to the conversation.
- Climate Change and Public Health - In the sixth of our Climate Impacts Conversation series, Green Energy Ohio will examine the toll that a changing climate takes on our health and will attempt to answer some of those questions. Join us on December 13 from 12:00-1:00 pm for the next conversation in the Green Energy Ohio Climate Change Series.
- 2022 Ohio Energy Conference - As a Founding Member of the Energy Coalition of Ohio, GEO is a proud participant in this year’s event. hose who attended virtually last year will see that we have expanded the number of topics, brought together an even larger number of excellent speakers, provided an opportunity for exhibits, and – here’s the the best part! – we are in person this year.
- November Climate Change Book Club - After reading fiction and poetry, exploring positive messages and the contributions of Indigenous peoples, we are going to dive into solutions-based books. And not just any solutions-based books, but two books written by people who know how to get things done - Bill Gates and Saul Griffith.
- Climate Change and Lake Erie - As important as the Great Lakes are to our environment and economy, they cannot escape the impacts of climate change. For the fifth in our series of climate impacts, we will talk with three individuals who apply their extensive knowledge of the Lake Erie ecosystem to addressing all three of those needs. Join us on Thursday, September 15 from 12:00-1:00 pm for the next conversation in the Green Energy Ohio Climate Change Series.
- Celebrating the Contributions of Indigenous Peoples - This year, GEO is commemorating International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples by hosting a special Climate Change Book Club. This virtual event will take place on Tuesday, August 23 at 7:00 pm and will feature two books that present lessons from Indigenous populations on how to address climate change and build resilience. Join us!
- 2022 Green Achievement Awards - On Thursday, June 9, friends and supporters of Green Energy Ohio will gather for 2022 Annual Awards Ceremony and Reception. The event will be hosted by the Oberlin College Environmental Studies Program and will take place in the Adam Joseph Lewis Center for Environmental Studies from 6:00-8:30 pm.
- Virtual Earth Day 5K - In 2021, Green Energy Ohio hosted our First Annual Earth Day Virtual 5K Run, Walk, and Bike. We designed the event as a COVID-friendly way of exploring the outdoors and celebrating Earth Day with a personal accomplishment.
- Climate Change and Transportation - GEO is pleased to announce the fourth in our series of conversations on issues that are impacted by climate change.
- Climate Change Book Club: February 10, 2022 - In keeping with the optimistic theme we began in December, we will be reading Katharine Hayhoe's acclaimed new book "Saving Us: A Climate Scientist's Case for Hope and Healing in a Divided World."
- 2021 Ohio Energy Conference - Learn insider industry expertise on how to involve your organization in renewable energy, as well as discover what is on the forefront for Ohio’s energy sector.