Skip to content
- Celebrating the Contributions of Indigenous Peoples - This year, GEO is commemorating International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples by hosting a special Climate Change Book Club. This virtual event will take place on Tuesday, August 23 at 7:00 pm and will feature two books that present lessons from Indigenous populations on how to address climate change and build resilience. Join us!
- 2022 Green Achievement Awards - On Thursday, June 9, friends and supporters of Green Energy Ohio will gather for 2022 Annual Awards Ceremony and Reception. The event will be hosted by the Oberlin College Environmental Studies Program and will take place in the Adam Joseph Lewis Center for Environmental Studies from 6:00-8:30 pm.
- Virtual Earth Day 5K - In 2021, Green Energy Ohio hosted our First Annual Earth Day Virtual 5K Run, Walk, and Bike. We designed the event as a COVID-friendly way of exploring the outdoors and celebrating Earth Day with a personal accomplishment.
- Climate Change and Transportation - GEO is pleased to announce the fourth in our series of conversations on issues that are impacted by climate change.
- Climate Change Book Club: February 10, 2022 - In keeping with the optimistic theme we began in December, we will be reading Katharine Hayhoe's acclaimed new book "Saving Us: A Climate Scientist's Case for Hope and Healing in a Divided World."
- First Annual Ohio Energy Conference: December 8-9 - Learn insider industry expertise on how to involve your organization in renewable energy, as well as discover what is on the forefront for Ohio’s energy sector.
- Climate Change and Agriculture Forum: November 18 - As we celebrate another harvest, GEO is pleased to sponsor a forum to discuss these important issues. Join us Thursday, November 18 from 12 noon-1 pm Eastern.
- Climate Change Book Club: August 2021 - In May, At our last virtual Book Club conversation, we focused on Climate Fiction in an attempt to explore various ways the climate change message is delivered and received. Interest in poetry has undergone a revival in the last few years, highlighted by the widely acclaimed poem spoken by Amanda Gorman at the Biden-Harris Inauguration.
- Celebrate Summer with Green Energy Ohio and Invenergy! - Green Energy Ohio is inviting you to join us for a casual summer evening reception, celebrating our ability to gather with members and friends again.
- Climate Action Film Festival - The Festival includes a moderated panel discussion on Thursday, June 24 from 7:00-8:00 pm featuring Third Sun Solar's non-profit partners Green Energy Ohio, The Ohio Environmental Council, and Rural Action.
- Climate Change in the American Mind: What Does Ohio Think? - In this event, we explored important questions: What percentage of people in Ohio counties support renewable energy, why do they support it, and how does knowing this help you advocate for it?