The fourth in our series of Growing Local Solar workshops was held virtually in early December in collaboration with the Ohio Environmental Council and Solar United Neighbors. Once again, experts in developing community solar projects shared their insights with local leaders and solar activists, ending with a real-time visit to the Lakewood rooftop installation.
Presentations and panel discussions with policy, legal, and business experts cover a range of topics, including:
- land use
- building codes and zoning considerations
- community choice aggregation and solar cooperatives
- interconnection standards
- challenges of historical districts and homeowners’ associations;
- energy special improvement districts (eSIDs)
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing
Past workshops, co-hosted by the Ohio Environmental Council, Growing Local Solar workshops have been held at Denison University (August 2018), the University of Dayton (March 2019), Newburgh Heights, outside Cleveland (August 2019), and virtually, with a NE Ohio focus (December 2020).