Please join us for a two-day workshop to learn how state and local policies and programs can attract new solar projects and green jobs. You will hear from legal, policy, and business experts. They will explore state and local laws governing solar development. They’ll also examine the challenges and opportunities of solar project development. The workshop will culminate with a virtual tour of the Lakewood solar project! The event is free to attend, but we ask that you register to let us know you are coming!
Presentations and panel discussions with policy, legal, and business experts cover a range of topics, including:
- land use
- building codes and zoning considerations
- community choice aggregation and solar cooperatives
- interconnection standards
- challenges of historical districts and homeowners’ associations;
- energy special improvement districts (eSIDs)
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing
Agenda Coming Soon!
Past workshops, co-hosted by the Ohio Environmental Council, Growing Local Solar workshops have been held at Denison University (August 2018), the University of Dayton (March 2019), and Newburgh Heights, outside Cleveland (August 2019).