Wind energy facts in Ohio:
- In 2018, wind energy provided 1.4% of all in-state electricity production
- Equivalent number of homes powered by wind in 2018: 170,400 §Installed wind capacity: 729 MW; Ranked 25th
- Total capital investment through 2018: $1.4 billion
- State and Local Tax Revenue: $7 million; Annual land lease payments between $1- $5 million
- Direct jobs in the wind industry: 1,080
- 60 manufacturing facilities producing a wide range of components for the wind industry
Download the “Wind Energy in Ohio” fact sheet from the American Wind Energy Association.